This privacy notice for personal data (“Personal Data Privacy Notice”) is issued to all our valued customers and guests of YouTutor, pursuant to the statutory requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”).
By providing your Personal Data to us and/or continuing access to our website (“Site”), you declare that you have read and understood this Policy and agree to us processing your Personal Data in accordance with the manner as set out in this Policy
1. What information do we collect?
1.1 Personal information you disclose to us In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us. We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Services or otherwise contacting us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following: Publicly Available Personal Information. We collect first name, last name, and nickname; phone numbers; email addresses; age; NRIC details; address; location; date of birth; device specific information; internet protocol address; family member names and their related information; and other similar data. The list is not an exhaustive list and YouTutor may be required to collect additional information to enhance the services provided from time to time. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information. 1.2 Information collected from other sources In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources. We may obtain information about your from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information; marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. Purpose of processing of personal data
2.1 You hereby agree and consent to us using and processing your Personal Data provided to us, in the manner and for the purposes as described below(collectively referred to as the “Purposes”):-
- to provide you with services or information requested;
- to contact, communicate, respond to you;
- to comply with legal and contractual obligations;
- to establish your identity and background;
- to respond to your enquiries or complaints and resolve any issues and disputes which may arise in connection with any dealings with us;
- to maintain and update internal record keeping;
- to administer and give effect to your commercial transactions with us;
- to process any payments related to your commercial transactions with us;
- to process and analyse your Personal Data either individually or collectively with other individuals;
- to share any of your Personal Data with any third party service provider of a similar nature at YouTutor;
- to share any of your Personal Data pursuant to any agreement or document which you have duly entered with us for purposes of seeking legal and/or financial advice and/or for purposes of commencing legal action;
- to comply with any statutory obligation; or
- to comply with our administrative and accounting purposes
3. Disclosure of Personal Data
3.1 We will not sell, rent, transfer or disclose any of your Personal Data to any third party without your consent. However, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties, for one or more of the above Purposes:
- your immediate family members and/or emergency contact person as may be notified to us from time to time;
- any party nominated or appointed by us either solely or jointly with other service providers, for purpose of establishing and maintaining a common database where we have a legitimate common interest;
- our business partners, third party product and/or service providers, suppliers, vendors, contractors or agents, on a need to know basis, that provide related products and/or services in connection with our business, or discharge or perform one or more of the above Purposes and other purposes required to operate and maintain our business;
- for enabling us to perform our obligations and enforce our rights under any agreements or documents that we are a party to;
- to transfer or assign our rights, interests and obligations under any agreements entered into with us;
- for meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to us;
- to enforce or defend our rights and your rights under, and to comply with, our obligations under the applicable laws, legislation and regulations;
- such other party deems necessary for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 2 above.
4. Your privacy rights
4.1 You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time. In the event if you would like to access to, correct, rectify or restrict the extent of our handling of your Personal Data held by us or any third party appointed by us, you may at any time hereafter inform us in writing. If you have any questions about this Policy, or have any further queries, or would like to make a complaint or data access or correction request in respect of your Personal Data, you may contact us at the contact details below:
5.1 By using this website and/or software and/or app, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our site and/or services. Your continued use of the site and/or services following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
6. General Policy
6.1 This Personal Data Protection Notice is in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 of Malaysia or any modification or statutory re-enactment thereof (“PDPA 2010”). For more information of PDPA 2010 or to contact the Personal Data Protection Commissioner, you may visit to www.pdpa.gov.my