User Term and Conditions
This sets out the Terms and Conditions (“T&C”) of your enrolment with YouTutor (“YouTutor” or “We”).
To enter this agreement, you must be at least 13 years old. If you are under 13 years of age, you will need one of your parents/legal guardians to enter this agreement on your behalf. In that case, both you and your parents/legal guardians will need to ensure compliance with the T&C. Following, “you” and “your” will then refer to both you and, where applicable, your parents/legal guardians.
Our commitment to you:
We’ll always do our best to fulfil your needs and meet your expectations. It’s important to have things
clarified so that we both know who is responsible for what, when and how.
We like to keep things simple. We have no desire to get you to commit to anything you really don’t want or need. We want what is best for both of us, now and in the future.
- Provide you with an online learning platform that you can select the live online courses to meet your learning objectives
- Maintain the confidential nature of your personal information, academic performance and use of the YouTutor platform, subject to your consent below.
- Show you the online tuition fees charged by YouTutor for its services. You are under no obligation to join the classes every month and you may terminate the tuition before the billing date. If you cancel your tuition, you will lose all the access of the course.
- Need access to a computer with the latest version of the browser, a camera and microphone, and reasonable internet access.
- Be required to download latest version of Zoom on your device. To download, please refer https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
- Be required to attend the class for the course that you have enrolled. No refund for failure to attend and/or not terminate the tuition.
- Be noted that the time and date can be changed by your tutor and the specific changes of class will be published on the YouTutor website.
- From time to time, be assigned additional work (“Homework”) to be completed and you agree to use your best endeavors to complete this Homework as requested by your tutor.
- Only communicate with your YouTutor’s tutor through the YouTutor learning platform and communication systems.
- Comply with YouTutor’s policies and procedures as updated by YouTutor from time to time. This
includes you consenting to YouTutor:
- recording and reviewing each class for the purpose of quality assurance, internal training and to allow you to review any previous Session
- recording all data from classes and the YouTutor learning platform for the purpose of:
- diagnosing your current proficiency and learning requirements
- diagnosing your current proficiency and learning requirements
- assessing and reporting on your academic performance and progress
- updating the YouTutor adaptive learning platform
- use in educational research
- Respect the fact that YouTutor has invested significantly in the development and duration of the learning content hosted on the YouTutor learning platform. This content is only to be used by you and you undertake not to provide access to this content to any third parties.
What happens if things don’t go according to plan?
We will always try to deliver our Service in accordance with good industry practice and at the standard reasonably expected from a qualified tutor using our platform and content. That said, we can’t guarantee that everything will be error-free. The very nature of the provision of online services means that YouTutor and you are dependent on hardware and software as well as stable and sufficient internet bandwidth. So, as hard we might try, sometimes things don’t work out exactly as planned. We always put our students first and we commit to you that:
- If time is lost during one of your classes due to the late arrival of our tutor or due to technical issues with the YouTutor learning platform, YouTutor will compensate you for the loss of time by rescheduling a class to another date and time that is agreed by majority of the students in the class and you can always refer to the video recording of the class to make up for such loss.
- If a tutor cancels a class or resign, YouTutor will try to provide you with another tutor with similar qualifications and experience.
The results of using YouTutor’s services may vary and depend upon a range of factors including for
reasons that are personal to you. YouTutor does not guarantee that use of the service will lead to an
improvement in academic performance or results. To the full extent permitted by law, you will hold
YouTutor blameless for any act or omission relating to the Service and you will indemnify YouTutor from
any dispute, action, claim or proceedings relating to the provision of the service to you and YouTutor will
not be responsible for any losses or damages
These T&C can only be varied by agreement between you and YouTutor in writing. However, YouTutor may, from time to time and within its absolute discretion, vary the policies, procedures and website information that are referenced here in these T&C. If these T&C are accepted, the resultant agreement and any dispute arising in relation to it are governed by the law of the Malaysia.
Charges and Cancellation
You agree that YouTutor may charge to Your credit card or other payment mechanism selected by You all amounts due and owing for the Services, including taxes and service fees, set up fees, subscription fees, or any other fee or charge associated with Your Account. YouTutor may change prices at any time, including changing from a free service to a paid service and charging for Services that were previously offered free of charge; provided, however, that YouTutor will provide you with prior notice and an opportunity to terminate the Service if YouTutor changes the price of a Service to which you are subscribed and will not charge you for a previously free Service unless you have been notified of the applicable fees and agreed to pay such fees. You may cancel your subscription of classes at any time. If you cancel, you will not be billed for any additional terms of service, and service will continue until the end of the current Subscription Term. If you cancel, you will not receive a refund for any service already paid for.
You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way copyrighted material, trademarks, rights of publicity or other proprietary rights without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. YouTutor may deny access to the Services to any User who is alleged to infringe another party's copyright.